Meet Alberto Viale of FABY Nails
FABY Nails is revolutionising the way we look at our beloved manicures and pedicures. Offering vibrant and joyful colours to fit any season, day or occasion, the best part about these polish babies are that they are 100% vegan, TPO and Big 5 Free! If you're like me - and need a good manicure in your life, but care about the wellbeing of your nail beds and hate animal testing - then you need to meet FABY Nails.
I sat down with Alberto, the co-founder of the Italian, family-run business FABY Nails to get all the details on the brand, their polishes and how exactly they set themselves apart in the market with their feel-good lacquers.
1. Welcome to New Zealand Alberto! How are you enjoying Aotearoa so far?
Thank you. New Zealand is great! I love the people and the country. I found so many Italians here and many are so enthusiastic about the Kiwi way of life. It’s been an action-packed visit. We did participants nails at Melbourne Cup at Ellerslie racecourse, then yesterday we visited the cast of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert to paint their nails before the show.
2. The name FABY comes from the name of your mother, Fabiana. What enticed you to settle on her name for the face of the FABY Nail brand?
Ha! Alberto doesn’t quite have the same ring as Fabiana, does it? She is the boss of the brand and the boss of the family. Her name on the product shows how much we love and care about the quality of what we produce. You wouldn’t put your name on something you didn’t 100% believe in.
3. We love that all FABY Nail products are 100% vegan, Big 5* and TPO free. What was the inspiration to produce vegan nail lacquers and were there boundaries that made this process difficult?
We respect the environment and animal welfare. We think that no animals should suffer at the expense of human beauty. Nasty chemicals were designed to produce the best performance possible for nail lacquers, so finding alternatives that perform equally as well, but without the toxic effect, was a real challenge. We believe we achieved this, as our nail lacquers are high quality, long lasting and chip resistant.
4. We hear that FABY Nails have polishes for men. Please, tell us more about this new trend!
If you have confidence, anyone can wear nail polish – even Kiwi blokes! A real man will still be ‘man’ even with nail polish on his fingers. Nail polish is a fashion statement, a decoration. Both men and women can wear rings and bracelets, so why not nail polish? Cristiano Ronaldo, Johnny Depp, Jean Paul Gaultier, more and more men are embracing the nail polish trend. Our FABY Man Collection is designed especially to match male fashion. In fact, Panic On Wall Street from this collection is our best seller of all our lacquers! Whether it’s being purchased by men or by women for men, we don’t know.
5. What are your five grooming/beauty essentials for long-haul travel?
1. Nail and cuticle fitness oil is a travel must-have to avoid any dryness and splitting.
2. A hand cream to nourish your hands and keep them soft when you’re flying. Get the perfect size for carry-on luggage.
3. Just because you’re travelling doesn’t mean you can’t have beautiful nails . Wear Sensual Touch as a versatile colour that matches any outfit, or FABY Red for a signature colour that makes a real statement during the day or at night.
4. Nourish Base Coat and Fast Dry Top Coat are essential for any high-quality manicure. So your nails stay looking fabulous from take-off to landing.
5. Carry a good quality cushioned nail file, so it’s aeroplane friendly, to sort out any rough edges.
You can win yourself and a friend a FABY Nails JOY pack just in time for the joyful season. Kiss goodbye the cold, grey winter and say hello to the warmth of spring and summer. With the change in season comes Joy, and with that comes bright, perfectly polished nails.
Enter to win a FABY Joy Mini Set containing four JOY shades in dainty bottles, including #Irony, La Vita e bella, Tapis de Fleur and Let’s Dance. Simply click the link here and tag the person who brings you joy! Total prize value is $70.